Cresson Sanatorium





















Hello friends, 

Back in early spring, myself, Scott and a few others went out to the Cresson Sanatorium for a day exploring the old grounds to photograph them. The rest of the crew were focused on spooky cosplay photos, but I was there to get atmospheric spookiness! Exploring abandoned buildings and photographing the atmosphere has always been a passion of mine.

I'm not one to be the first to jump in front of the camera, which is probably why I just can't get into cosplay and why I had to take a major step back from performing....I just don't want to be seen. I used to take a lot of selfies, and my first blog was focused on heavily on fashion posts, but in recent years, I've found it hard to be the center of attention like that.  But, I really enjoy being behind the camera. You'll see that in my Rust in Peace series here on this blog, and I have a few posts that I'm working on that feature my photography from college. 

This blog has fallen kind of silent in the past year, life has thrown me so many curve balls, and I'm finally feeling myself even out. I've been searching for a sense of stability for a while now, and I think I finally found it. My blog was always intended to be a space for me to share my thoughts, projects, and photography. The past two years were filled with me trying to please everyone around me by working on their projects or collaborating on things with them that ultimately took time away from my own personal work and projects. And truthfully, I'm fucking over it. It's time for me to be a little selfish with my work and that's what I intend to do. I'll take commissions here and there, but for the next few years I don't intend to collaborate with anyone. 

There are several projects that I have in the fire that require my full attention. And I plan to devote myself fully to them. I hope you'll stick around to see where this newly found sense of productive selfishness takes me, because I really think it's going to be a supremely exciting adventure! 

xo. h. 











 

Comments

Popular Posts