Vintage Horror









Hello friends,

My darling boyfriend, Bryan, is a terrifying, chainsaw wielding, psychopath clown on the weekends and all month during October. His alter ego, Cupcake, is the culmination of years of our artistic collaboration. Cupcake was born about three or four years ago during Phantom Fright Nights at Kennywood Park here in Pittsburgh. This is a point of contention in our house, but I swear Cupcake was my idea and was birthed due to a night where Bry let me do whatever I wanted to his bald head that night for Kennywood. He's usually one to gravitate towards spooky, gory, and straight up classic horror. He got so into the character that night that he's stuck with it all these years later, and even made stickers this past week featuring his cupcake character.

So since diving head first into his persona, Bry has been trying to get Cupcake to branch out beyond the park and has started working with more photographers and getting professional photos. In these particular photos we were working with Jeffery Pratt.  When we go on these shoots, I usually don't have much to do beyond makeup. You can usually find me behind the scene sneakily taking photos when the actual photographers are adjusting there white balance or something. Bryan is such a charismatic personality and just lights up when there's a camera around. Some folks see it as him being a camera whore or egotistical, but I see it as his talent. Not everyone can shine like he does and make it look so simple. I certainly can't. Cupcake brings out the silliness in him and allows him to be the playful soul with others, the way I know him to be at home. It's truly beautiful and so entertaining for me. I love performing at the park just as much as he does, but I have found myself on numerous occasions just sitting down on a bench and just watching him work a humongous crowd into a furious terror while getting them to hysterically laugh all the while simultaneously. This is basically just a huge boyfriend appreciation post if you boil it down. 😆

It's not really a surprise, but I've been into the vintage vibe for a while now. I edited these photos to feel like you just found them in this old barn, randomly one day on a walk. I wanted them to feel old and worn out, almost like one of those cheesy horror movies from the 80's. Fun fact, Bryan, my dad and myself are part of a local movie club that gets together once a month to watch old horror movies in the aaaaaawwwwwesome old movie theater in Irwin, called The Lamp Theater. I love that place so much, and legit they have the best popcorn. We get together, watch the movie and talk about them after; folks usually have fun little tid-bits of info to share with the group. Any way, these photos.....

Bryan loves taking photos and being in photos. There's a passion behind what he's done with this character. We've been scheming more projects throughout the year. I was just talking with Amanda about a new photo project we're planning for this month actually. I may not be the best photographer, or really even know what I'm doing at all, but I really enjoy taking photos. But even more than that, I love sharing my photos and our projects with like the three people that actually read this blog. I'm trying my best to get though these last few weeks of winter, and holding out til spring. I can just feel the pull of spring and the call of the woods, and all the hikes and projects that Bryan and I have planned. I feel like we'll have a lot of fun to share with you guys and I hope you'll follow along.

xo. ❤ h.












Comments

Popular Posts