Rust in Peace // Pt. 1

















Hello friends, 

This week, I had the pleasure of hanging out with my dad and some of his friends while we trampled through mud and poked through discarded cars in several junk yards around the area. They were all looking for parts for their cars, and I was just there to take up space and take photos. But, they graciously let me tag along. 

I've had a fascination with old, abandoned and decaying life for as long as I can remember. Maybe it has to do with my interest in death and the curiosity I have for what it's like on 'the other side'.  There's something really beautiful in how things return to the Earth as the rot and sink into the soil; colors change, new textures emerge, and the energy around what was once useful and chaotic has shifted into something peaceful and still. There's grace in the way things die. 

Above all else, I loved the colors in the junk yards. This one, specifically, was very neutral overall with only a few sprinkles of color peppered in. We spent two days in the yards and the trip I'll be writing about tomorrow was much more colorful. I can't wait to show you those. Do you have any fascination with stuff like this, junk yards or just the way things decay over time? Let me know, so I don't feel like such a fucking weirdo. 

xo. ❤ h.

Comments

Popular Posts