Photography from College
















Hello friends, 

Back in the day, I attended what was once Pittsburgh Technical Institute (now, Pittsburgh Technical College) for graphic design. Due to some mental health struggles, I eventually dropped out and it's something I really don't like to talk about because (truthfully) I've been really embarrassed about it. But, that really sucks because I did a lot of really good work at that school. Though, most of that really good work was all digital and got lost when several of my external hard drives either got corrupted or destroyed; which eventually lead me to dropping out. I got to my last semester and my mental health started failing me and several digital technologies failed me. Even if I didn't finish, I'm super proud of the work that I did. 

Since Bryan and I moved back home, we've been going through a lot of old papers and things we left behind. I found multiple SD cards, old sketches, and CDs of animations and portfolio work. Let's just say I found a shit ton of stuff that I completely forgot about, and that brings me to today's post. 

Today, I am sharing a collection of photos from my photography course, all of the photos are completely unedited-straight off the SD card. I think I only got to take one semester of photography, but it was a really good class. The teacher was able to shove so much information into only a few short months. I feel like because of that class I understand my camera better, I understand composition better and I have a deeper appreciation for photography in general. I truthfully don't remember what assignments these specific photos were for, but I can tell we were still learning the mechanics of the camera, and the basic ideas of 'the rule of thirds'. 

If anyone is interested in collaborating on any photography projects, please let me know. You can find my email under the links tab! 

xo. ❤ h. 













Comments

Popular Posts